Sunday, April 26, 2009

Twitter Thought of The Day

I think for now on I'm gonna hit you guys once or twice a week what my favorite "tweets" are that I find people or I say.. I realize this is off but I think some interesting ish is said on twitter..

The first one is by yours truly...

I wish I believed the positivity I shoot at friends in their times of need.. If I believed all I said I'd be happy as shit


Recently with all the turmoil going on in friends lives I find myself as the sounding board for all their problems and insecurities.. Not that I mind.. I actually enjoy helping my closest friends out.. Its just my method of help causes me to be more optimistic than I am.. I told a friend today

Don't think too hard about how hard life is. Its always going to be hard.. The key is to cherish the sweet way more than the sour


Aside from me stealing that from one of my favorite movies "Vanilla Sky" I know I dont follow that same advice.. Actually for the most part.. All I do is think about how hard life is.. Whatever.. Thats my "Tweet of the day"

1 comment:

leandra said...

Man...I feel you. I think the key, really, is dismantling. Getting to the heart of what you obviously TRULY believe based on how you live and what you believe in theory and consciously deconstructing the old belief while building up the new one.

Case in point: I get really anxious about how things will work out sometimes, but in the end, that's just fear rising. When I look over my life, I'm still here. Things have always worked out. Not necessarily how I wanted them to, but I'm doing alright. No worries. So maybe I don't know everything. Maybe I don't have to know everything. Maybe we don't have to focus on how difficult life seems because in reality, there are just as many things that happen easily too, including and especially those f'd up moments. They just pop out of nowhere! Not difficult at all. ;)

Emotional balance is all about...well, balance. Look at both sides. The next time you so fervently believe any one thing, challenge yourself to look at the exact opposite. Tip the scales.

It takes work to change the ways we think and behave. But let's shed the unnecessary.